For those who want to build an ecommerce website with the help of a web developer at an affordable price, choosing Indian web design companies is the best option.
No doubt, Indian manpower is affordable as compared to developed counties in the world, but there is another reason for the worldwide businesses to choose India for outsourcing their web development projects.
Most of the Indian web development companies have experienced ecommerce web developers who have been working in this industry for more than 10 years.
With the experienced & affordable manpower to create ecommerce websites, India is #1 choice for all the businesses worldwide to develop online stores.
Our Ecommerce Web Design Plans
Start $888 Only!
If you’ve already decided to hire Indian ecommerce developers to build your online store but still wondering about the cost involved to develop an ecommerce website, this blog post will help you out.
In this blog post, we are going to unleash the various factors that determine the ecommerce website costing in India.
Below are some of the crucial elements that decide ecommerce website cost:
1) Do you want a customized website design or template based design would suffice?
2) Do you need a logo to be designed for your ecommerce store or do you already have one?
3) Do you need web hosting package as well?
4) Do you also want a domain name?
5) Do you have manpower to upload the products on your ecommerce store or you want to hire the web development company to do this job ?
6) If you want your web development team to upload the products for you, how many products would there be?
7) Do you also need web maintenance quote witching the same proposal or will you manage the website yourself?
8) Do you want a customized pricing feature for your products (for e.g. price variation according to size, weight etc.) ?
9) Do you want a flat shipping rate system or you want it to be flexible based on countries, weight or quantity?
10) Do you want to use Paypal as your payment gateway or you want to integrate some other payment gateways too?
11) Do you want a blog for your online store?
12) Do you have the website content ready with you or you want your web design company to help you with content writing?
14) Do you want to use your own graphics and images or you want to use paid royalty-free images?
15) Do you need advanced products management such as bulk export/import (if you have large number of products)?
16) Do you want a responsive web design or adaptive website design for your ecommerce store?
17) Do you need an online chat or forum on your website?
18) Do you want advanced zoom-in option for your products?
Once you’ve decided on the above features and requirements for your ecommerce web design, you can easily seek a best quotation from a web development company in India.
Basic ecommerce website cost in India?
Typically, a very simple or basic ecommerce website cost varies between $800 to $2000 in which you can get:
1) Domain name (for one year)
2) Web hosting (for one year)
3) Template design (with some customizations)
4) Ecommerce features setup using open source CMS like WordPress
5) Logo design
6) Paypal payment gateway integration
7) Flat shipping rate
8) CMS to manage web pages
9) Responsive ecommerce web design
10) Option to generate coupons
Advanced ecommerce website in India?
The average cost to develop an ecommerce website with advanced features like below is around $3000
1) Domain name (for one year)
2) Web hosting (for one year)
3) Unique/custom website design
4) Ecommerce features setup using open sources like Magento, Code Ignitor and other PHP frameworks
5) Your choice of payment gateways like Paypal, Authorise.net, Smoovpay, WorldPay etc.
6) Logo design
7) Advanced shipping pricing system which could be based on countries, product weight, product size, product quantity, order value or number of products.
8) Advanced pricing system like different pricing system for different customers or may be customized pricing structure based on different product attributes such as weight, color, size etc.
9) Choice of responsive web design (RWD) or adaptive web design (AWD)
10) Integrated SEO features to help website achieve higher rankings on search engines such as Google
11) Integrated Social Media features to help website content distribution among various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
Other things to consider for ecommerce website development
#1 Open Source CMS Vs Framework
Choosing between an open source CMS and framework for your e-commerce business is an important decision which affects the overall cost of ecommerce website.
Choosing Open Source platforms such as WordPress, OpenCart and Magento can be cost-effective for your ecommerce web development as compared to a framework customization.
#2 Website Hosting Cost
If your web design company has not included web hosting in their ecommerce website cost, you are free to choose any of the best and reliable web hosting company according to your budget.
When looking for a web host to support your ecommerce store, one of the important things you need to look for is scalability.
Another thing that matters for ecommerce websites is uptime. Before choosing any web hosting company, make sure that their servers have an uptime guarantee 99.9% uptime.
If you are a small business or a new setup, you can choose affordable yet reliable web hosting companies like iPage. iPage company offers economical web hosting packages that start low as $1.99 per month.
#3 Payment terms
When you hire a web development company in India for your ecommerce website, you may need to pay 50% upfront to get the work started and balance 50% when the whole job is completed.
This is the standard payment term which most of the Indian ecommerce development companies follow.
Payment terms, sometimes, may depend on the total project cost as well. In some cases where total project cost is higher, ecommerce website vendor may agree to start the project with 25% upfront too.