Sometimes, it could become very expensive for you to follow your entrepreneurial dreams.
Especially for the startups, who need capital at every stage of their business, the investment could be a big concern.
But here’s good news for you!
If you want to set up an e-commerce business, you really don’t need a huge capital to invest in. All you need is a fully-functional e-commerce store and a few effective online marketing strategies.
In this blog post, we have shared 4 ways to build & launch the cheapest e-commerce website.
Here, we will talk about 4 different platforms that you can choose to create an e-commerce website at a lower cost.
So, if you too are looking to set up an online store within your budget, this blog post may help you.
WordPress is not a new thing in the world of website development. You must have heard several times that WordPress can help you to build a website at an affordable cost.
In other words, when you use WordPress to build a website, you can save significantly on your overall website development cost.
If you are still not sure why you should use WordPress, then below are some of the major reasons for you to build a WordPress website:
- WordPress CMS is free to use & open to customize as per your business requirements.
- Most of the WordPress plugins are available either free of cost or at a nominal price.
- WordPress is loved by search engines. It simply means that you won’t face any issues in optimizing your website for search engines.
- WordPress developers are available in abundance. In other words, you can easily search and hire an affordable WordPress developer. Additionally, if you want to save more, you can also consider hiring Indian website builders.
- WordPress is easy-to-manage. Even if you don’t possess any technical skills, you can still manage the content, images, links, and sections of your website after just a short training or by following a manual.
- Most of the WordPress themes are responsive, which means they load on each smart device according to its screen size & specifications.
With so many convincing reasons for you to choose WordPress for your website development, you shouldn’t really give it a second thought.
Shopify is another convenient yet cost-effective way to create your e-commerce store and start selling online.
If you are not tech-savvy and still need a website without hiring a website builder, Shopify is here for you.
Although it’s possible for you to build an online store yourself using Shopify, you still need the help of a web developer to make customizations in the theme (for the design) and the applications (for the features).
Even if you hire a Shopify developer, your overall website development cost will still not be too high.
Below are some of the major benefits of using Shopify to build an e-commerce website:
- Shopify supports tons of apps that you can integrate and add new features to your website.
- You don’t need to worry about web hosting because Shopify can take care of it for you.
- Shopify offers great discounts on all of their premium plans. They offer a 10% discount on annual plans and a 20% discount on biennial plans when they are paid upfront as of now.
- Last but not the least, big brands are also using Shopify so you have another reason to use it for your website too.
OpenCart is another popular & commonly used open-source solution for PHP developers to create e-commerce websites.
OpenCart is loved by many webmasters and developers because of its user-friendly interface and in-built eCommerce store features.
Cost-effectiveness is another factor that makes OpenCart a favourite platform for online stores development.
Below are some of the benefits that you get when you choose OpenCart for your e-commerce web development:
- OpenCart is user-friendly and easy-to-control, even for non-technical webmasters.
- OpenCart offers high level of flexibility & customizations to suit your business requirements.
- You can easily find & hire OpenCart developers at an affordable cost. If you are on a budget, then you can also hire Indian OpenCart developers who can assist you to create a new store or redesign your existing OpenCart website.
- OpenCart is already in the market for more than a decade now. So you can easily find dozens of useful extensions to enhance the functionality of your e-commerce store.
- OpenCart offers wide range of add-ons, plug-ins, modules and templates
- Most of the OpenCart extensions and themes are available at a nominal cost for you to buy.
- OpenCart is an SEO-friendly CMS which means you don’t have to worry much about your search engine rankings.
Just like WordPress, Magento is yet another open source for you to use to build your e-commerce website. Magento is not a new name in the web industry.
If you need a robust e-commerce store to accommodate & sell thousands of products, Magento could be the right choice for you.
The only downside with Magento open source is that it’s not for novice webmasters or non-technical users. It means you will have to hire a website developer to build your Magento store.
Here are some of the major reasons for you to use Magento:
- Magento has a huge community worldwide which means you can easily find a Magento developer. You can also hire Magento developers in India who can build your website at a much affordable cost.
- It allows your website builder to integrate popular marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay.
- Magento supports a wide variety of third-party integrations that you can use and customize them according to your specific requirements.
- Magento is SEO-friendly.
- Magento offers a robust & intelligent search system for your website.
- Most of the Magento themes come with a responsive design.