If you are looking to build a WordPress website for your business, India could be your preferred choice. You can find hundreds of options to hire Indian WordPress developers who are professional & experienced.
When you hire a WordPress developer in India, you don’t just get a professional website, but you also get an opportunity to reduce your overall website development cost.
Recommended post: How much is the website development cost in India
Here are some of the reasons for you to hire Indian website builders:
- Indian website developers are affordable yet experienced & professional.
- Most of the website developers in India provide support according to your local timezone.
- Indian website builders are proficient in WordPress website development that includes website setup, plugins customizations & WordPress theme customizations as well.
- You will not face any kind of communication issue when you hire an Indian website builder.
- Most of the website development companies in India are also proficient in search engine optimization, therefore you also get an SEO-friendly website.
Recommended post: 7 Major reasons to hire a web developer Indian to create your website
But since not all the developers are the same, before you hire an Indian WordPress developer, you must know what are the responsibilities of a WordPress developer in India.
In this blog post, we have shared 6 major responsibilities of your Indian WordPress developer.
Let’s get started.
When it comes to website development, security is an integral part.
It won’t be wrong to say that the security of any website is as important as its development.
Why security is so important for your website?
- The number of hacked websites has been increasing rapidly.
- A hacked or infected website can drop your business revenue.
- An insecure website can affect your business reputation.
- Fixing a hacked or infected website can sometimes be more expensive than protecting it.
- An infected website can drop your search engines as well.
How can a WordPress developer in India help you to secure your website?
- Installing security plugins and enabling the firewall.
- Changing the conventional URLs and credentials of the administrator panel.
- Restricting the access to critical files of your website.
- Hiding the WordPress version for the hackers.
Building a website is not enough. Traffic is also important for your website to get the desired revenue.
And when it comes to getting organic traffic on any website, SEO is perhaps one of the best & cost-effective mediums.
Here are a few ways in which an Indian WordPress developer can make your website SEO-friendly & get quality traffic to it:
- Installation of an SEO plugin such as Yoast SEO.
- Optimizing the loading speed of your webpages.
- Optimizing the images on your website.
- Optimizing the permalinks of your website.
- Checking & fixing the broken links on your website, if any.
- Ensuring that your website runs on SSL.
Recommended post: 7 Things your website developer can do to make your website SEO-friendly
When your website builder develops your site, it’s likely to have some functional errors, display errors, or any other kind of errors on it. Therefore, it’s your WordPress developer’s responsibility to test your website properly before making it live.
Below are some of the checklists that your Indian WordPress developers should follow to test your website:
- Mobile responsiveness for all the smart devices.
- Browser compatibility for all the major browsers.
- The loading speed of all the webpages.
- Caching for better performance of your website.
- Broken links fixing for better user experience.
- Meta tags & permalinks for better SEO (search engine optimization).
Recommended post: 12 Web design checklist before you launch your website
Website development is not a one-time thing. Moreover, there could be some errors after your website is launched. Having said this, your Indian website builder must provide you with free support for a few weeks or months after making your website live.
At Innomax, we provide all of our clients with a free service warranty/support for 3 months after we launch their websites.
In this service warranty, we take responsibility for:
- Fixing any kind of functional errors.
- Fixing cosmetic errors.
- Educating our clients to manage their websites.
- Providing all the necessary credentials to our clients such as admin credentials, FTP details, or cPanel details.
However, this free support doesn’t include any kind of new changes or updates on the website.
We always mention our service warranty period in the website development proposal that we prepare for our clients.
You must also make sure to have a clause for service warranty in your web design proposal.
Last but not the least, it’s the responsibility of your Indian WordPress developer to provide you a complete handover of your website.
In our experience of more than a decade as a website development company in India, we have come across dozens of webmasters or website owners who already have a website but they don’t possess any of the credentials to manage their websites.
They didn’t have any of the below important credentials:
- WordPress admin details
- FTP details
- cPanel details
- Domain login details
Since they didn’t have any of the above-mentioned details, we couldn’t manage to carry forward their existing domain or hosting server. As a result, they had to buy a new domain and web hosting server which not only cost them additional money but also they had to give away their previous domain name too.
Don’t let this happen to you.
Always make sure that your WordPress developer provides you with all the necessary details to take control of your website.
At Innomax, we always provide our clients with the below details/materials after completing their websites:
- Instruction manual to manage the WordPress backend.
- WordPress admin credentials.
- FTP details
- cPanel credentials.