A website is no more a choice for small businesses. It’s rather a must-thing to have.
But not all small business owners can afford to pay a huge amount of money for their website development. They would rather like to save money for their other expenses that are required to operate their businesses.
What’s the solution then?
There are many ways to create a low-cost website.
All you have to do is just plan for it.
In this blog post, we have shared 5 tips for you to create a professional yet low-cost website for your business.
Are you ready? Let’s dive in!
#1 Choose low-cost hosting
Website hosting is an essential part of your website development. It’s also one of the expenses that you will have to worry about while creating a website.
Although there are lots of options for you to choose a web hosting company for your business, not all of them are really cheap. Having said that, it’s not necessary that you can’t get reliable web hosting at a low cost.
All you need is expert advice.
Based on his experience & expertise, your shortlisted website builder can help you to choose a web hosting company that’s reliable and at the same time affordable too.
Below are some of the essential features that your hosting company must have:
- Affordable pricing
- 24/7 support
- High-performance servers
- Positive reviews from existing customers
- 1-Click WordPress installation
- cPanel access
- CDN integration for fast loading speed
- Security enabled
You can go with any of the best yet affordable hosting companies such as:
#2 Hire affordable developers
Hiring a reliable yet affordable web developer is the key to building a low-cost website. Although you may find hundreds of options to choose a website developer from, you must ensure that you hire the right one.
To save your website development cost, you may also consider hiring website builders in India who can help you to create any kind of website.
Below are some of the major reasons for you to hire an Indian website builder:
- You get a low-cost website design.
- You get excellent support & long-term partnership.
- Indian website developers are experienced in customized coding.
- The web developers in India can work on all kinds of CMS platforms such as WordPress, OpenCart, Shopify, Drupal, etc.
- Indian website developers are good at communication and building SEO-friendly websites.
Recommended post: 7 Reasons to hire Indian website developers to create a website
#3 Go for a CMS
A CMS (content management system) can help you build your website cost-effectively & efficiently. In other words, if you need a low-cost website, go for a CMS.
There are many CMS platforms available that you choose for your website development. Some of those reliable CMS platforms are WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart (for e-commerce websites), and Shopify (for e-commerce websites).
What are the major benefits of building a CMS-driven website?
Well, there are dozens of benefits of creating a website with the help of a CMS platform such as WordPress, some of them are mentioned below:
- You get plenty of options to choose your website theme from.
- Most of the plugins are either free or nominally priced.
- Most of the themes are affordable (less than $100) and mobile-friendly (responsive).
- The framework of CMS platforms is SEO-friendly & code-compliant.
- You can easily find & hire a website developer who can work on CMS websites for you.
- It’s easier, affordable, and less time-consuming to redesign a CMS-driven website.
- You can upgrade the codes of your website regularly.
Are you looking for a CMS website? Hire Indian CMS developers to create your website.
#4 Go for a paid theme
There is no point to reinvent the wheel and spend your valuable money & time doing that. The same applies to website development too.
When there are hundreds of free & paid themes for you to choose from, why should you ask your website builder to create a design from the scratch? Especially when you are on a budget and you want a low-cost website. Isn’t it?
You can simply ask your website developer to choose a ready-made yet professional theme for your website and make some changes to match your branding requirements.
You will be amazed to know the cost to buy a theme for your website.
It doesn’t cost you more than $80 to buy a theme for your website.
There are lots of marketplaces such as Themeforest.net where you can search hundreds or perhaps thousands of paid themes and choose the one you think best for your website development.
As far as the customization of your website theme is concerned, you can easily hire an affordable Indian website builder to do that for you.
The whole process of purchasing a paid theme and customize it to suit your business needs can really save more than 30% of your overall website development cost.
#5 Learn it yourself
No, we don’t mean here to learn the website development yourself 🙂
But you must at least know how to manage & maintain your website.
If you think that you need any technical degree or special skills to manage your website, perish that thought.
The fact is that you can easily manage & maintain your CMS website without any technical skills or without hiring any website developer.
If you hire a web developer to make changes on your website each time when you need them, you may have to pay every time.
Eventually, you may end up paying more than what you had expected and budgeted for your website development.
All you need to do is ask your website developer to send you a manual so that you can read and learn from it and make the required changes to your website.
At Innomax, we always make sure that prepare an instruction manual for our clients so that they can take control of their website.
Below are some of the things or areas that you can manage when you learn the basic CMS skills:
- Adding or deleting any webpage.
- Changing the images on your website.
- Editing the content of your website.
- Changing the images of animated sliders on your website.
- Managing the products, taxes, shipping, etc. if you have an e-commerce store.
- Changing the password of your admin section.
So, if you want to save your website development cost, learn it yourself.