Do you need a new WooCommerce store?
Or you may be looking to redesign your existing WooCommerce website at an affordable cost.
Whichever the case, you must hire a WooCommerce developer or agency in India.
There are several benefits of hiring a WooCommerce agency in India such as affordability, long-term support, etc.
But not all the WooCommerce agencies in India are the same. Therefore you must shortlist & hire only those agencies or WooCommerce developers that are not only affordable but can also help you to optimize your website.
If you are wondering how can your Indian WordPress developer optimize your WooCommerce website, this blog post is for you.
Here, we have shared 5 ways in which Indian WooCommerce developers or agencies can optimize your e-commerce store.
Let’s dive in.
#1 Loading speed optimization
Optimum loading time is imperative when it comes to e-commerce websites.
Various studies have shown that the slow loading of e-commerce websites tend to lose a huge number of customers & sales as compare to those websites that load quickly (within 3-4 seconds).
Therefore, you must always take the loading speed of your WooCommerce website seriously.
Below are some of the ways in which WooCommerce developers in India can optimize your online store for its loading speed:
- Installing & configuring cache plugin such as “WP Total Cache”.
- Activating Gzip on your server.
- Configuring CDN credentials with your WooCommerce website.
#2 Optimizing for performance
The selection of the right plugins for any WooCommerce website development is crucial.
Poorly coded plugins can affect the overall performance of your WooCommerce store.
Here comes the expertise of your WooCommerce developers in India.
Your WooCommerce developers can make sure to pick only those plugins that have a proven record of better performance.
Since most Indian WordPress developers are experienced, you can rely on their expertise for the selection of the right plugins.
FYI, below are some of the tips to choose reliable plugins for your WooCommerce website development:
- Make sure that you really need that plugin before you install and start using it.
- Check out the changelog of the plugin. If there hasn’t been any update made to the plugin for a long time, you shouldn’t consider it using for your website.
- Check out the support from the plugin developer. If they are prompt to answer your queries, you can consider using their plugins.
- Check out the reviews of the plugin developer. In other words, have a look at what other users of the plugin are saying about it.
#3 Optimizing images for speed
It’s likely to have dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of product images for an e-commerce website.
But having too many images on any website can degrade its performance, especially the loading time.
Therefore, your WooCommerce developer in India can also help you to optimize all the images of your website for their speed.
How can a WordPress developer optimize the images of any website?
Well, below are some of the ways to optimize the images for speed:
- Using a reliable plugin to compress the product images.
- Resizing image dimensions of all the images without losing their quality.
- Paying attention to the WooCommerce thumbnail sizes.
- Keeping image backgrounds simple.
- Enabling Gzip on the server.
- Using a CDN for faster global delivery of images.
#4 Optimizing for SEO
We all know that one of the primary objectives to create an e-commerce website is to get traffic on it and to convert the traffic into paying customers.
While it’s true that there are many activities that need to be done for boosting the SEO of any e-commerce website, it all starts from the website itself.
What does this mean?
This simply means that if your website is SEO-friendly, it will increase the chances of getting ranked on higher positions of search engines and get traffic from them.
Again, there are several ways in which your Indian WordPress developer can make your e-commerce website SEO-friendly.
Here are some of them:
- Installing an SEO plugin such as SEO Yoast.
- Ensuring that all the webpages have appropriate yet unique h1 tag, title tag, and description tag.
- Testing & fixing the website for broken links.
- Making sure that the website is responsive.
- Using an SEO tool to audit the website and fix all the necessary issues.
#4 Optimizing for users
If you really want to get more sales & customers from your WooCommerce store, you need to take care of the user experience of your website.
Enhancing the user experience of any e-commerce store is the best way to encourage your target audience to stay longer on your website and place their orders with you.
Different developers have different thoughts and ways to optimize a website for the users.
Being one of the leading & experienced WooCommerce development companies in India, we believe if you follow the below tips for your website optimization, you can increase the chances of getting more sales.
- Using appropriate sized CTA (call to action) buttons such as “Add to Cart”, “Add to Wishlist”, etc. for both PC & mobile phones.
- Using appropriate & consistent font style on all the webpages.
- Using high-resolution yet optimized images for all the products.
- Using brief description instead of lengthy sentences for each product.
- Using videos for each product if possible.
- Ensuring that the loading speed of webpages shouldn’t exceed 4-5 seconds.
- Using multiple payment methods for the users to pay.
- Integrating a live chat option.
- Displaying the support number or email on all the webpages.