We all know that the website development has become an integral part of any business.
Every business, irrespective of their size, needs a website. Fortunately, building a simple website is not expensive. You can easily hire an Indian web developer who can help you to develop your website at an affordable cost.
Building a website is not the end of the world. A website can help your business only if it has been developed effectively. If not, it won’t make any difference to your business.
But the question is “what are the characteristics of an ideal website?”.
In this blog post, we have shared 9 characteristics of a good website that will help to grow your business.
The number #1 characteristic of a good website is its fully-functional features. A website that’s full of errors & bugs will not only disappoint your users, but it will also ruin the reputation of your business.
How to ensure a fully-functional website?
Given that more than 40% of the internet users are searching for their desired products, services or information using their mobiles & other smart devices, responsiveness of a website has become essential, but not a fancy requirement.
Having a responsive website can provide you with other benefits too, like:
- A responsive website helps in securing higher positions on search engines like Google.
- A responsive website runs faster on smart devices like mobiles & tablets.
- A responsive website has low bounce rate and higher user-engagement rate.
Recommended Post: 6 Reasons Why Your E-Commerce Website Must Have Responsive Design
Navigation is a crucial part of any website development. A website that has well-defined & intuitive navigation always get higher user-engagement rate over the websites that have lousy navigation.
Here are some of the simple ways to make any website easily-navigable:
- Keep your navigation consistent across your webpages.
- Divide the sections/categories logically.
- Ensure that every menu in your navigation has alt tags.
- Ensure that every menu item has logical title.
- Make sure that all the menu links are clickable and go to the respective/correct page.
#4 Modern Design
The design of a website is the first thing that users see when they land on any webpage. So, in order to grab their attention and encourage them to stay on your website for a longer period of time, you must have a modern-look design.
How can you ensure that your web designer has used a modern layout?
Although the design & functionality of your website are the two important pillars of your online business, its reliability can’t be underestimated. Most of the webmasters don’t pay attention to the reliability of their websites.
Do your visitors think that your website is reliable?
What all you can do to make your website reliable for your users:
- Ensuring that there are no malicious codes or viruses.
- Placing your contact details on a prominent position of all the webpages.
- Displaying testimonials of your existing customers.
- Displaying security seals on your website, especially if it’s an e-commerce website.
How quick does your website loads? Does your website take forever to load the webpages?
If yes, then you must take an immediate action and hire a web developer to fix this problem for you.
A slow loading website can affect your business in many ways, such as:
- Losing SEO rankings
- Low-rate of user-engagement
- Higher bounce rate
- Low conversions and low sales
Don’t let this happen to you. Always ensure that your website loading speed is not more than 4 seconds.
Recommended post: 7 Ways To Speed-Up The Loading Speed Of A WordPress Website
The content of a website is the most crucial part when it comes to the user-engagement and getting conversions. You must optimise your website content for not only users, but for search engines too.
There are 3 major goals of wiring content for any website:
- Encouraging the visitors to stay on your website by providing them relevant information.
- Feeding search engine crawlers the required stuff to increase the chances of ranking your website on higher positions.
- Encouraging the users to send you an enquiry or placing their orders on your website.
#8 On-page SEO
The primary objective to build any website is to get conversions & sales. And SEO is one of the effective yet affordable mediums to get relevant traffic to your website & get more conversions.
Here are few things that your web developer can do for your website’s on-page SEO:
- Optimised meta tags
- Optimised header tags
- Inter-linked webpages.
- Optimised loading speed.
- XML Sitemap generation
- Integration of Google Analytics
- Integration with Google Webmasters
#9 Optimized & Tested
An ideal website will always run & load properly on different types of browsers and devices. Have you tested your website for all the major browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Chrome & Safari? If not, do it now.
Your potential customers may be using different browsers than yours. So, must ensure that you or your web developer has tested & optimised your website for all the major browsers.