If you are looking to hire an OpenCart developer or OpenCart web development company in India, this blog post may help you.
In this blog post, we have shared some of the basic yet essential checklists that you must follow while hiring an Indian OpenCart developer.
But before anything else, let’s see why OpenCart is a great CMS to build eCommerce websites.
What’s OpenCart CMS?
OpenCart is a free open-source eCommerce solution that’s perfect for small merchants and businesses.
Opencart is a free open source e-commerce solution for everyone who wants to start their own online store. Whether you need to showcase your products, services, or digital downloads, Opencart can be the perfect platform for you.
Why should you choose OpenCart?
- It requires no installation and can be hosted on your own server, or on a server with any number of hosting providers like Hostgator or Bluehost.
- Opencart is a free open-source eCommerce solution based on PHP and MySQL.
- Opencart stores are compatible with different payment gateways, shipping carriers, and logistic companies.
- The community behind Opencart is also very big, so you will find many tutorials and videos online.
There are many OpenCart website builders in India who can help you create an amazing eCommerce website.
However, it is important to choose a website builder who can provide you with the required features to make your website successful.
#1 Technical skills
You must hire only those OpenCart developers in India who can do:
- OpenCart installation
- OpenCart customization
- OpenCart theme customization
- OpenCart theme development
- OpenCart extension customization
- OpenCart extension development
- OpenCart template customization
Make sure that you are hiring an Indian OpenCart developer who is well versed with the latest OpenCart 3.0 version.
The reason is that OpenCart 3.0 has a new look and feel and has a different data structure than the previous versions. There are also significant security improvements in OpenCart 3.0.
#2 Get multiple quotes
Getting a quote for your eCommerce website development from different OpenCart developers or OpenCart development companies in India would be a great idea.
Instead of just talking to a single website development firm and awarding your project to them, you must try to get multiple web development quotes.
Getting multiple quotes will enable you to compare the price & features that your shortlisted OpenCart developers are offering.
#3 Don't focus on the cheapest
While it’s true that saving the website development cost is perhaps the major reason for hiring website builders in India. Isn’t it?
But you shouldn’t simply go with the lowest bidder to build your website.
It’s not just about the money. It’s also about building a profitable & sustainable business.
Sometimes, because of the lowest website development cost, you may hire the wrong OpenCart developer who can’t build a professional eCommerce store.
So, you must consider other essential things too, such as:
- Experience of your website developer.
- Clients’ testimonials.
- Existing work portfolio of your developer.
#4 define a scope of work
Before you award your eCommerce web development project to any OpenCart developer in India, you must define a detailed scope of work.
In the absence of a clear scope of work, you may have to face several consequences such as delay in project completion, conflicts, disputes, and sometimes additional charges.
As an experienced Indian web design company, we always prefer to define a scope of work before we proceed ahead & start working on any client’s project.
Additionally, you may also like to sign a formal contract with your website developer to make sure that all the expected deliverables are understood by both parties.
#5 hire experienced developers
When it comes to website development, experience matters a lot.
Why experience is so important?
- An experienced OpenCart developer would always complete your project on time.
- No matter whatever obstacles come your way, an experienced website developer would always resolve them with his expertise & knowledge.
- An experienced website builder would always provide you with great support & maintenance services.
- An experienced developer would always know about the possible bugs and would resolve them before your users experience those errors.
- An experienced OpenCart developer will also take care of SEO friendliness & responsiveness of your website.
- An experienced OpenCart developer always knows how to create a secured eCommerce store.
Even if an inexperienced website developer offers you the cheapest web development quote, you must consider experience as one of the prerequisites in your shortlisted developers.