If you have a website, sooner or later you may need to redesign it. There could be a moment in your webmaster’s journey where you might ask yourself “Should I really redesign my website?“.
Yes, redesigning is an integral part of your online business. But redesigning is not a headache at all. Instead, it can bring several great benefits for your business.
In this blog post, we’ve shared 6 great benefits that you may get when you redesign your website.
But before that, let’s find out why you even need to redesign your website.
Here are 6 situations in which you need to redesign your website:
- When the design of your website sucks.
- When there are tons of errors on your website that keeps coming back even after fixing them.
- When your website is not mobile-friendly.
- When your website is not SEO-friendly.
- When your website has critical security issues.
- When your website no more aligns with your new business branding norms.
Now that we know why you should revamp your website, let’s understand what benefits does a website revamping brings.
#1 Fresh design
Getting a fresh design for the website is perhaps the most important & obvious reason why business owners redesign their websites.
If you have been using the same website for many years already, a website revamp or redesign can help you to get a new look for your online identity.
In other words, your website gets a new skin when you go for redesigning.
What are the advantages of a new design for your business?
- You get more conversions.
- You get a vibrant look for your website.
- You get an opportunity to align your website with your brand.
- Your website stands out among the competition.
#2 Better CMS
If your existing website has an outdated CMS or no CMS at all, the revamping can get you a better CMS for your website.
And when your website builder gets a better CMS like WordPress for your website, it enables you to manage the contents of your site easily & seamlessly so that your website always has fresh & updated content.
What are the benefits of a CMS?
- CMS-driven websites are efficient & cost-effective.
- It’s easy to learn CMS and start making changes to your website.
- CMS platforms like WordPress are SEO-friendly.
- You can easily find affordable CMS developers to create or redesign your website.
#3 More leads & sales
When you get a vibrant & attractive design for your website, it increases your chances of getting more leads and sales too. But the key is to get a great looking design for your website.
What are the essential things that you need to take care of your website design when you go for a redesign:
- Mobile responsiveness
- Quick loading time
- Attractive layout
- Appropriate call-to-action elements
- Nice & easily-readable fonts
#4 Enhanced SEO
SEO is yet another great benefit that you receive when you redesign your website. But it’s important for you to leverage the redesign to improve your SEO rankings.
Below are a few SEO checkpoints to follow while revamping your website:
- Integrate an SEO plugin with your new website. If you are using WordPress, you can install the “Yoast SEO” plugin.
- Ensure that all the webpages of your website have a unique title tag and description tag.
- Ensure that all the images of your website have appropriate alt tags.
- Your website must have a responsive design.
- Your website should be able to load quickly on both desktops and mobile phones.
- You must write fresh content for your website and include your targeted keywords with the content.
- Interlink different webpages.
- Add a blog to your new website & publish fresh posts on regular basis.
The important thing to note here is that you must hire only experienced website developer who also knows how to create an SEO-friendly website.
You can also consider hiring a website builder in India because most of the website development companies in India also offer SEO services.
Recommended post: 7 Things your website builder can do to make your website SEO–friendly
#5 Mobile audience coverage
When you revamp your existing website with a responsive design, you start getting loyal traffic from smart devices such as mobile phones & tablets too.
Did you know that more than 60% of internet users prefer to browse websites using their mobile phones?
This means when you have a responsive design, get cater to a wide range of audiences.
What are the advantages of a responsive website?
- Attract a wider audience.
- Boost for SEO
- Lower bounce rates
- Improved conversion rates.
Recommended post: 7 Important things to take care of for your responsive website design
#6 Better loading speed
If your existing website is loading too slow, you must consider redesigning your site.
When your website builder revamps your current website with the updated plugins, a fresh theme, and an updated CMS version, it’s likely that your website will have improved loading speed.
Why you should even care about the loading speed of your website?
Here are some of the advantages of a quick loading website:
- More conversions
- SEO boost
- Reduced bounce rate
- Better user experience
Recommended post: 7 Ways to improve the loading speed of your WordPress website