A website can help you to shape-up and expand your business in many ways.
Below are some of the major benefits that you get for your business when you develop a website:
- Your business gets an online presence.
- You get a competitive advantage.
- Your products & services are available for your customers 24/7.
- Your website empowers your business to get global.
- Your business can reach a wider network of audiences.
- & a lot more…
But, to get all the above benefits, your website must have all the required features & ingredients.
One of the best ways to make your website outstanding is to give it a modern look.
Having a modern website can make your business stand out from the competition.
Now the question that you may is “How can I make my website look modern“.
There are several ways in which your website developer can build a modern website for your business that help you to get more conversions & sales.
In this blog post, we have shared 5 features that your website builder can adopt & create a modern website.
Let’s dive in!
#1 Slider for homepage header
It’s not a new practice anymore to display a high-resolution slider on the homepage. If you are a regular internet surfer, I am sure you must have come across dozens of websites that have a high-resolution slider on the homepage.
The homepage slider can be useful to catch the attention of your website visitors.
Additionally, your website developer can embed call-to-action buttons on each image of your slider so that the visitors can click on their desired service
#2 Appropriate typography
The typography of your website can tell a lot to your visitors about your business.
- The consistency of typography throughout your website demonstrates its professionalism.
- The type of fonts used on your website can tell your visitors whether your website is informative, entertaining, funny or pure professional.
- The size of fonts used on your website can turn on or off your visitors of different age groups.
You may not have thought this much about the typography values in the past. The fact is, most web designers also don’t think about it while creating a website.
Only professional & experienced website developers understand the importance of appropriate usage of typography.
So if you need a modern-looking website for your business, hire a professional website developer in India who can choose the right typography for your website according to the nature of your business.
#3 Hamburger menus
The placement of menus on any website is crucial for the enhancement of its user experience.
The menu links do not have to be always placed on the top in a traditional way. You can also consider showing hamburger menus on your website.
What’s a hamburger menu?
A hamburger menu is an icon used on a website that, when clicked, opens up a navigation menu.
Your web developer can place a hamburger menu on your website in 2 cases:
- When you want your website to have a modern look.
- When you have lots of links to be placed on the top navigation and you don’t have enough space to accommodate all of them.
A hamburger menu is no more a new concept. It’s generally used on the mobile version of websites. In other words, a responsive website would have a hamburger menu, in most cases.
But you can use it on the desktop version of your website too if you want to make your website look modern and different from your competitors.
Hire a website builder in India to create a website with a hamburger menu.
#4 Flat website design
What’s a flat website design?
The website design that contains only flat / 2D images & graphics is known as a flat design. This kind of website doesn’t use shadows, gradients & 3D elements, etc.
Apple’s website is the classic example of a flat website design.
After Apple create their site using a flat website design, many small & medium enterprises follow their footpaths and adopted the same pattern.
So, if you want your website to have a modern look, go for a flat website design.
Below are some of the major benefits of building a flat website:
- The website looks clean, clear yet elegant.
- The users can read the content of the website easily.
- It becomes easier for your website developer to make changes in the future when you have a flat website design.
- The time effort & cost to create a flat website is comparatively lower because it doesn’t require any complicated programming to set the 3D effects for different devices.
#5 Card design
Card design-based websites have become quite popular among website designers & webmasters with the rise of Pinterest.
If you have been to the Pinterest website, you know what we mean here.
Most of the modern websites today follow the footprints of Pinterest design.
You can also adopt the card website design to make your site look modern and elegant. Especially if you want to build an e-commerce store or catalog website, you can request your website builder to create a card-based design for you.
What are the benefits of using card design for your website?
- Your users can easily digest the information through the small cards without getting overwhelmed.
- The users can click only those cards that seem interesting & useful to them. This means the card design can save the time of your users.