Drupal is an open-source CMS (content management system) that’s built on a platform known as LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
Drupal is a popular open-source content management system that has been around for over a decade. It’s a great tool for small to medium-sized businesses who want to manage and update their own content without having to hire a developer to do it for them.
There are a lot of different kinds of websites that you can build using Drupal, but it all depends on what you want the website to do.
Drupal CMS features a modular architecture that allows for a high level of flexibility, which makes it a great option for eCommerce sites, membership sites, business directories, and online communities.
Well, there are many reasons for you to use Drupal CMS to build your website.
Some of the major reasons are mentioned below:
- Drupal is one of the most secured open-source content management system, which means it is secured & flexible, yet free. You can use Drupal to build websites for businesses, blogs, non-profits, and even personal websites.
- Drupal is one of the most popular and powerful content management systems (CMS) in the world. It allows you to create a customizable website.
- Drupal is open-source software and can be used for multiple purposes. It is used by big brands like CNN, Reuters, and The White House.
- Drupal is an open-source content management system that a lot of web designers and developers use for eCommerce sites and other complex projects. It’s a powerful tool for managing content and graphics, and for creating eCommerce stores.
Drupal Vs WordPress
WordPress and Drupal are two of the most popular open-source CMS platforms available online.
In 2015, WordPress had over 36% market share in the CMS space while Drupal had 4.6%.
WordPress is simpler to use and it’s easier to learn, but it’s also less flexible and it has less support.
The Drupal content management system is a great choice for managing complex content structures and large amounts of data.
Drupal is a lot more complex to build in than WordPress because WordPress is very intuitive and easy to use. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
The fact that it’s so easy to use means that there are a lot of WordPress themes and plugins that you can take advantage of.
WordPress is great for blogs and small websites but for anything more complex, you’re going to need a more robust platform.
Drupal is a content management system that’s more complex than WordPress and is, therefore, more powerful.
Both Drupal and WordPress are great platforms, but they’re not built for the same things.
WordPress is great for standalone sites and blogs. Drupal is great for enterprise-level websites or sites that have a lot of traffic and a lot of users.
Hiring Drupal developers...
While hiring a Drupal developer, you should look for a Drupal developer who has in-depth knowledge of Drupal and its coding standards.
It’s important that they have a good understanding of Drupal’s directory structure and the existing codebase.
It’s also important that your developer has a good understanding of Drupal’s design patterns and best practices.
Drupal development is a very niche skill, and there are very few developers who know it. So, if you have a project that needs to be done in Drupal, then the most important thing is to find a developer who knows it well.
When you’re looking for a Drupal developer, you want to look for someone who can take your project from start to finish.
The best place to hire a professional yet affordable Drupal developer is India.
Why should you hire a Drupal developer in India?
- Indian Drupal developers are affordable.
- Most Indian web design companies have Drupal developers onboard.
- The Drupal website builders in India can be made available according to your timezone.
- Indian website developers are good at communication.
- Since Indian web developers are great at coding, you won’t face any issues in customizing the theme or modules of your Drupal website.
But before you go ahead and hire an Indian website developer to create your Drupal website, you must ask them a few questions such as:
- How many years of experience do they have in Drupal.
- Do they have a portfolio of their Drupal website development work?
- Do they have technical expertise in Drupal 8?
- How much do they charge for creating or redesigning a Drupal website?
- Do they have clients’ references?
- Are they available to communicate over emails, Skype, WhatsApp, etc?
- Most importantly, your Indian Drupal developer should be able to maintain your website by:
– Running cron jobs to clear cache and run maintenance tasks (e.g. update the database).
– Keeping your Drupal themes updated.
– Keeping your Drupal modules updated.
– Keeping your Drupal core files updated.
When you’re looking for a Drupal developer in India, it’s important to work with someone who is reliable, has a good attitude, and is easy to work with.
It’s also important to work with someone who has a strong background with Drupal and is capable of building sites that meet your business goals.